Frequently Ask Questions
- Do you charge for tours?
Yes. Tour pricing depends on what type of tour you go on. For pricing information for our public tours, please visit our registration page and click on the specific tours listed there. For information about the cost of booking a school or custom group tour, please contact us!
- Do you offer discounts for students, youths, and seniors?
Yes. BAGT offers discounts to students (with valid ID), seniors (65 +), and youth (10 and under). Discounts range from 10 – 20 percent, depending on the tour.
- What do I need to bring on a tour?
What you should bring varies from tour to tour. We provide a list of suggested items for each tour listed on the website.
- Am I able to bring my own food on a BAGT tour?
You may bring your own food on all tours except the Moveable Feasts and other restaurant tours.
- Do you produce tours for private parties?
Yes. Tours can be custom ordered to meet your group’s specific needs, desires and budget. Prices will vary depending on the details of the tour.
- How do I book a private tour for my company or group?
To book a private tour, please fill out a form on the tours pages.
- What is the minimum number of people required to book a tour?
The minimum number varies depending on the tour.
- Are the tours suitable for children?
Most tours are suitable for children to attend, especially our farm tours.
- Can I take my students on a tour?
Yes. We love providing school tours. Have a school representative email us to inquire about this possibility on our Contact Us page. The price will vary depending on the type of tour. We are working on securing funding to offer tours to schools at no or minimal cost. When that happens, the information on how to apply will be listed on our website under Tours, but feel free to contact us so that we know of your interest.
- How can I get my business or organization included on your tour?
We do collaborate with sponsors and partners. If you are interested in creating a partnership with Bay Area Green Tours, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How can I sponsor a tour?
You can sponsor a tour or Bay Area Green Tours in other capacities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are donations tax deductible?
Yes. BAGT is a 501c(3) nonprofit. Our CST number is 2053683-50.
- How can I get more involved with Bay Area Green Tours?
BAGT works with interns and volunteers on a regular basis. To learn more about the variety of ways available to support our organization, please visit the Get Involved page.
- What kind of organization are you?
We are a 501c(3) nonprofit organization.
- How long does it take you to plan a tour?
For a farm tour we usually need six weeks notice to contact the farms. For every other tour we need about four weeks notice.
- Are the Tours handicap friendly?
We attempt to create tours that are accessible for all guests, but please inquire if you have specific concerns because not all of the tour destinations may be ADA accessible.