Real-world Impacts of BAGT
- A teacher in Berkeley High School’s Green Academy found that the experiential elements of our tours are so valuable that they are now built into the curriculum.
- A BHS Green Academy student aspired to be an architect after participating in our Green Building tour.
- World environmental leaders from the Beahr’s Environmental Leadership Program at CAL were deeply inspired by touring the Green Corridor and sharing ideas and resources with local environmental leaders at the David Brower Center, where BAGT is based.
- Civic leaders from outside the Bay Area, including The Philadelphia League, toured the Green Corridor and learned about models they could take home to implement in their communities.
Businesses & Professionals
- A prominent Bay Area SCORE business advisor created a special “Green Team” to counsel
- businesses focused on greening their operations.
- A.G. Ferrari Italian Deli started distributing County Line Harvest’s CSA boxes after their owner came on one of our initial Farm to Fork tours.
- A banker quit his job, sold his car and changed his career to work in sustainable food service.
- A vice president of a different local bank returned to the Eco Home Improvement store to buy a variety of sustainable products for his home.
- A manager of a food market learned about green products which his business later utilized topaint their warehouse.
- Several people visited Grateful Body Skin & Body Care’s facility and were inspired thereafter to use this company’s products daily and exclusively, thus helping support both our local economy and their own health.
- Local residents who have passed Urban Ore, Art’s Automotive, The Center for Creative Re-Use and The Ecology Center for years – without knowing what they offered – have become dedicated customers.