Enjoy a serene or adventurous experience while visiting a 130 acre farm nestled in a fertile valley that includes a 19th century historic farmhouse near the Russian River in Sonoma County. The Colonel Armstrong home (circa 1890 and never before open to the public) is being completely renovated with lodging and amenities for 12-16 guests (5 bedrooms) and sits adjacent to beautiful Armstrong Redwoods Park in Guerneville.
Jorge Saldana, the proprietor of Sabor Mexicano Farm is a 3rd generation farmer who leads with his heart in managing this very special destination, as well as his Cancun restaurant in Berkeley, Tlaloc restaurant in San Francisco and his Sabor Mexicano Salsa and Homemade Chips. Everything he grows is true to his philosophy of good health that contributes to the greater good of the environment. All produce at the farm is grown organically, some from heritage seeds that have been handed down from his family in Mexico. Nothing goes to waste; alfalfa is grown to feed the goats, horses and chickens. The farm is completely hydrated by natural spring that flows through the property. Produce growing in the fields supplies the restaurants and Sabor Mexicano salsas, freshly made onsite at the commercial kitchen.
Video of the Sabor Mexicano Farm:
As a guest at the farm you’ll be free to gather fresh eggs and produce to use in the newly remodeled kitchen in the house, or just lounge with a good book and a glass of wine while enjoying delicious homemade fare from the farm. Jorge is sometimes available to prepare a delicious meal for you right on the lawn or the back patio of the lovely Armstrong home. The farm itself is an idyllic retreat, yet is close to so many classic Californian attractions. Come up and make a day of it – or even a weekend!
- 1.5 hours from San Francisco
- 10 minute hike to magnificent Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve
- 2 miles from the river resort town of Guerneville on the Russian River
- 20 minute drive to Jenner on Highway 1 where the river meets the ocean
- 130 acres nestled in a lovely valley along Fife creek
- 10 acre organic farm, growing: varieties of tomatoes, chili peppers, cucumbers, cilantro, purslane, spinach, corn, broccoli, watermelon, garlic, onion, cabbage & apples
- Commercial kitchen onsite; cooking classes available with reservation
- Features hiking trails winding through a forest of redwood and Douglas fir
- Outstanding view of the surrounding hill tops
- Manicured lawn perfect for a wedding, garden party, business retreat, anniversary, birthday, reunion yoga, meditation or business retreat.
- Temazcal ritual with reservation: this steam bath is based on traditional healing methods used by indigenous Mexicans; properties of fire and water are combined to purify the mind, body, and soul.
- Sustainable wineries, creameries, breweries
- Restaurants, farmer’s markets
- Bicycles, canoes, kayaks, rafts – available to rent in town
- Camping, ziplines, river, and ocean beaches
- Historic Fort Ross