Are you a local Bay Area restaurant owner, work at a one or know someone who does?
We would like to invite you to join our November/December “Dine Out” series.Throughout the months of November and December we are inviting our favorite Bay Area restaurants to set aside a percentage of their sales on a given night to help Keep Field Trips Alive!
Since 2008, Bay Area Green Tours has been committed to taking youth out of the classroom on interactive adventures to explore all that the Bay Area can offer in way of sustainability. We want to help remedy national cuts to education by providing students with an opportunity to bring the classroom to life and get into the field to discover possible career paths. Our tours cover a variety of topics including food justice, sustainable agriculture, social entrepreneurship, green building, zero-waste, and so much more.
We’ve just kicked off a two month $35,000 crowdfunding campaign on Fundly.com to raise funds to enable more students to benefit from our educational field trips. You can be a key player in this campaign.
We have a long list of interested schools waiting for this opportunity, including Mission High School’s Green Guardians and Chef Robert Dorsey III’s Junior Chef Society, who are hoping to go on our Food, Farming, and Nutrition Tours! With your support we can take more students on field trips.
Want to Participate in the Dine Out Series? Here’s How!
- Choose a day during your city’s designated weeks to pledge (see dates listed below).
- Pledge a percentage of your proceeds to donate directly to our Keep Field Trips Alive campaign.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your selected date(s) and pledge.
- Go to our Keep Field Trips Alive! campaign and donate.
- Help us spread the word! Share with all your social networks and in your newsletter.
It’s That Easy!
By participating, you will be recognized as a key community supporter and will be recognized at our celebratory bash early next year. Contact us if you are also interested in helping us raise funds with private dinners or matching sponsorships.
If you are not able to participate in the Dine Out series, here are some other ways that you can help us connect students to their local food system.
- Donate directly to the campaign.
- Share this campaign throughout your networks.
- Refer potential matching sponsors.
- Suggest educational programs that might be interested in going on a tour.
- Sponsor a classroom trip!
This is an exciting opportunity for us to raise public awareness about sustainability and create life-changing opportunities for youth! Please join us in the effort. Make sure to share this campaign with your networks!
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
With deep gratitude,
The Bay Area Green Tours Team