Bay Area Green Tours (BAGT) invites passionate and dedicated individuals to help us further our mission of inspiring and educating people about sustainability. Learn about Bay Area green businesses, non-profits and farms while building up your resume, collaborating with a fabulous team, making valuable contacts, and getting hands-on experience at a cutting edge organization located in the “Environmental Epicenter”!
BAGT has proudly worked with volunteers and interns from all over the world: Germany, France, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Austria, The Netherlands, Thailand, India, Hong Kong, Nepal, Congo and Columbia! We are very blessed to have a variety of volunteers who share their background, work experience and knowledge, including undergraduate and graduate students, and non-students including seniors. We also welcome partnerships with universities and agencies which work with interns.
We often have openings for the following interns and volunteers: administrative assistant, copy intern, graphic design intern, fundraising/sponsorships intern, marketing/media associate (including social media), photo/video associate, research associate, and tour development intern. Hours and location are flexible, though we require a minimum commitment of 5 hours a week, and volunteers and interns must be comfortable structuring their own time.
While they are unpaid positions, they do provide substantial professional benefits including:
* Training and working with a strong, spirited and dedicated team pooling their efforts to support a unique local environmental non-profit
* Collaborating with innovative and pioneering leaders in the exciting and expanding field of sustainability
* Improved research and communication skills
* Community service credit for school, if desired
* Letter of recommendation or professional reference, based on performance
* Valuable networking opportunities with some of the most inspiring Bay Area sustainable businesses and entrepreneurs
We have a fun and committed team, and we really enjoy and appreciate each other! If you’re interested in exploring the idea of joining us as an intern or volunteer, you can apply by sending your resume and a cover letter about yourself and your interests and qualifications to Batya Gelfand: email@example.com, with INTERN / VOLUNTEER APPLICATION as the subject matter. Please indicate in your cover letter which of the positions listed above would best suit your skills, interests and experience. Thank you for your consideration!