Bay Area Green Tours is a non-profit 501(c)3 whose mission is to organize educational tours and events that demonstrate the sustainable economy in action, inspire support of local green businesses, and empower people to incorporate environmental responsibility and social justice into their personal and professional lives.
Are you passionate about sustainability and supporting the local economy? Do you want to inspire school children and corporate groups to embrace social justice and environmental responsibility, while visiting businesses and other organizations on a fun and engaging tour? We are looking for enthusiastic sales associates to help connect public, private and educational groups with our made-to-order tour services and events.
- 2+ years of sales experience, with proven success setting and achieving sales goal
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of sustainable practices
- Ideally would have connections in the Bay Area green business sphere
- Knowledge of tourism industry a plus
- Excellent customer service skills, with a friendly and outgoing attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer skills, experience with Salesforce and Excel a plus
- Highly self-motivated and creative in taking initiative on projects
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable developing relationships with new contacts over the phone and in
- Respectful and able to work in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Able to get around throughout the Bay Area, with access to a car
- Able to attend meetings at the David Brower Center in downtown Berkeley, 1-2 times
- a week if needed
- US citizenship required
- Prospecting and external sales of Bay Area Green Tours’ educational tours and event services to public, private and educational groups. Potential clients include corporations, educational institutions, national and international civic leaders
- Identifying and creating new external sales opportunities through collaboration with our team including promotions, cross-channel sales and events, as well as following up on existing opportunities
- Providing excellent customer service via emails, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings throughout the Bay Area
- Developing strategic sales proposals and creative solutions to meet a variety of client needs
- Tracking and reporting sales goals and milestones using Salesforce
- Collaborating with our team to strategize effective sales and new product development
This is a part‐time position of approximately 30 hours a week, with a base salary of $1000 a month, plus a commission compensation structure. Driving expenses will be reimbursed.
Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and one additional page concretely
answering the following questions:
- Please describe your commitment to Bay Area Green Tours’ mission.
- Please describe your previous successes with sales.
- Please explain how your job related skills and/or how your values and life experiences lend themselves to being successful in this position.
- Briefly highlight anything else you would like to mention about your suitability for this position.